Monday, March 28, 2011

Moving Monday (Last Week in Michigan)



A question I get a lot as a magician is "how many decks of cards do you own?" Well this last Saturday I spent an hour organizing all my decks of cards for my move, if that gives you any indication! I tried to get all my cards into one dresser instead of having them spread throughout my room. I think I have them all locked up in one dresser now instead of spread across my computer desk, in drawers, and on top of my dressers.

Sean Solak and I are recording a few magic videos this week. Yesterday was our first day and we rehearsed a new routine in his basement in between moments of Nintendo 3DS. We got a late start on recording some test footage, getting out just as the sun was setting. It was a pretty cold day to begin with, but it got aggressively cold after the sun went down. We still managed to bug a group of hacky sack players in the park off of Biddle though. It was definitely an interesting time to record! I would ask someone to pick a card and to put it back as quick as they could so they could get their hands back in their pockets! I even had to cut my routine short in order to get back to the car and warm my fingers up.

Today I am working on Introductions. I never introduce myself, nor do I ask for people's names. I'm looking for things that will put me "in the moment" as well as involve my spectators more and this is a huge next step.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I'm going to get back to organizing things for my move. Look for another video this Friday as well as a few more blogs about my thoughts leading up to the move later this week.

Until next time, may I recommend a song?
http://www.uvumi.com/#finelle/songs/16305

No comments: